- What is the most successful musical ever?
- What is the most successful movie musical to date?
- What is the number one screen to stage?
- Why are musicals so expensive?
- What are the 5 longest running shows on Broadway?
- What is the longest running London musical?
- What is the most expensive Broadway show?
- What was the first musical ever?
- What is the most famous Broadway show?
- Is Hamilton the best musical ever?
- Is Hamilton the highest grossing musical?
- Which is the best musical in London?
- What is the longest running musical of all time?
- Which musical has won the most Oscars?
- How much do Hamilton actors get paid?
- Is cats the longest running musical?
What is the most successful musical ever?
The Lion KingWorldwide revenueRankMusicalGross revenue (US$)1The Lion King$8,251,556,7002The Phantom of the Opera$6,060,000,0003Wicked$3,530,000,0004Cats$2,865,624,0916 more rows.
What is the most successful movie musical to date?
The 10 Highest-Grossing Movie Musicals Of All Time (According To Box Office Mojo)1 Beauty and the Beast (2017)2 The Lion King (2019) … 3 Aladdin (2019) … 4 Grease. … 5 The Greatest Showman. … 6 Mary Poppins Returns. … 7 Chicago. … 8 La La Land. … More items…•
What is the number one screen to stage?
1. West Side Story (1961) It isn’t just one of the best movie musicals of all time – it’s one of the best movies of all time.
Why are musicals so expensive?
1) Because People Are Buying Tickets. It’s pretty much as simple as that – ticket pricing is set at the maximum that people are willing to pay, and attendance figures for Broadway shows (both musicals and non-musicals) has only gone up over the years.
What are the 5 longest running shows on Broadway?
The Longest-Running Broadway Shows of All-Time:The Phantom of the Opera. Total Shows: 13358 (and still running) … Chicago (Revival) Total Shows: 9682 (and still running) … The Lion King. Total Shows: 9291 (and still running) … Cats. Total Shows: 7485. … Wicked. Total Shows: 6825 (and still running) … Les Miserables. … A Chorus Line. … Oh!More items…•
What is the longest running London musical?
Les MisérablesLes Misérables is the longest-running musical in the West End, and second longest in the world.
What is the most expensive Broadway show?
Not only has it saved Alexander Hamilton from obscurity, it’s sold out until January 2017 and tickets are over $1,000, far and away the highest prices in Broadway history.
What was the first musical ever?
The first original theatre piece in English that conforms to the modern conception of a musical, adding dance and original music that helped to tell the story, is generally considered The Black Crook, which premiered in New York on September 12, 1866.
What is the most famous Broadway show?
Top Ten Best Broadway Shows Ever MadeHamilton. The story of the man on the ten dollar bill has been Broadway’s number one smash hit since its release. … The Producers. … The Phantom of the Opera. … The Book of Mormon. … Les Miserables. … West Side Story. … Wicked. … Kinky Boots.More items…
Is Hamilton the best musical ever?
In 2016, Hamilton was nominated for 16 Tony Awards — a new record — and won 11, including best music. Since then it has won many other top awards, including the 2016 Grammy for best musical theatre album and the 2016 Pulitzer Prize for Drama.
Is Hamilton the highest grossing musical?
Hamilton: $1 Billion Franchise And it did so far faster than other Broadway phenoms. The top three grossing musicals are all more than 16 years old. Hamilton, which turns 5 this year, was on track this year to surpass another smash hit, The Book of Mormon, before Covid-19 forced Broadway’s theaters to close.
Which is the best musical in London?
The Best Musicals in LondonOnly Fools and Horses: The Musical. … Everybody’s Talking About Jamie. The Apollo Theatre. … Les Misérables. Queen’s Theatre. … The Lion King. Lyceum Theatre. … Matilda. Cambridge Theatre. … Footloose The Musical. The New Wimbledon Theatre. … Sister Act. Eventim Apollo. … 9 to 5. The Savoy Theatre.More items…•
What is the longest running musical of all time?
The FantasticksThe Fantasticks, 1960, m Harvey Schmidt, l Tom Jones (17,162) Longest-running musical in history.
Which musical has won the most Oscars?
Wins: The most Tony Awards ever received by a single production was the musical The Producers (2001) with 12 awards, including Best Musical.
How much do Hamilton actors get paid?
That said, there is confirmation that each main cast member made at least $3,400 a week for their actors’ salaries (and even more after a crucial deal was signed.) According to The New York Times, Broadway actors make a union-mandated minimum of $1,900 a week, which would amount to $116,300 a year.
Is cats the longest running musical?
The London production ran for 21 years and 8,949 performances, while the Broadway production ran for 18 years and 7,485 performances, making Cats the longest-running musical in both theatre districts for a number of years. Cats has since been revived in the West End twice and on Broadway once.